Conducting Internal Investigations for Violence/ Harassment
This course explores the importance of initiating an internal investigation when workplace violence and/or harassment are detected. The concept of behavioral indicators, process of initiating and conducting an investigation, and reporting information gathered will be examined in a detailed manner. This course will emphasize the importance of initiating and conducting internal investigations and will provide the framework to design a reporting system in accordance to provincial and federal legislations.
- Introduction of Legislation
- Defining Workplace Violence and Harassment
- Liability Issues for the Employer and Legal Obligation of Taking 'Reasonable Steps'
- Problematic Behaviors When Dealing with Violence
- Impact on Employees and Environment
- Methods and Processes of Initiating Internal Investigation
- Objective of an Investigation
- Writing an Investigative Report
- Practical Strategies and Prevention Policies
- Recommendations Compliant with Provincial and Federal Legislations
In completing this course, an individual will be able to define workplace violence and harassment, have the ability to identify problematic behaviors when dealing with violence and more, including writing an investigative report.
Personalized certificate awarded upon successful completion of course and final test.
Who Should Take this Course:
Security Managers, HR Managers, Crisis Management Team Members, Workplace Violence Assessment Teams, Operations Managers, Facility Managers, Corporate Investigators, Corporate Security Personnel, and anyone committed to enhancing their professional skills in relation to ASIS, HRCI and SHRM.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Price: $89.95 USD
Group Price: Contact for Rates
Course Length: 01:33:00
A computer with internet access; Microsoft Silverlight installed; iPad's are not currently supported.
Online or on-site upon client request
Course Completion Timeline: You will have 180 days to complete this course after enrolling